The Holidays are in full swing which means it’s time for some holiday crafts! And now that Dahlia’s a toddler, she can actually do some on her own. Hooray!
On a recent trip to the library, we had craft time and made adorable and super-easy decor for the tree. She made our family with popsicle sticks and a peace dove ornament out of a paper plate.
Interested? Read on to learn what you’ll need to do your own ornaments for your tree.
Popsicle Stick Family
What You’ll Need:
- One popsicle stick per person in your family
- Scraps of fabric, ribbon, feathers
- Tacky Glue
- Black Marker
- Googley eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Yarn to match hair color
What to do:
- Start with gluing eyes, drawing mouth with marker and glue hair
- Then, glue scraps of fabric for clothing and use feathers/ribbons for accessorizing.
- Next, use the pipe cleaner to connect all family members together by twisting and wrapping pipe cleaner around each popsicle stick
- You’re done — and don’t forget to hang it on the tree!
Peace Dove Ornament
What you’ll need:
- Paper Plate
- Pipe Cleaner
- Hole Puncher
- Tissue Paper
- Poms/Stickers/Any small decor
What to do:
- Outline a dove shape on the paper plate.
- Cut a slit in the enter of the plate for wings
- Accordian fold a small piece of tissue about an inch in size and weave it through the slit you created to make the dove’s “wings”
- Decorate with whatever you’d like with glue
- Use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of the dove and make sure you pick a spot to balance the bird out.
- Use the pipe cleaner to create a handle for hanging
- Don’t forget to make the eyes for the dove and hang on the tree!