I hope you all had a happy Holiday season! I am at the tail end of being sick but had the best Holiday season watching my daughter open presents and see all her favorite characters at Disneyland. And speaking of Disney, each year, my family picks a theme and this year was Disney!
We even rented a photo booth via Elegant Memories and gave my 94 year old grandma the video CD we created for her as a present :). The Holidays for my family are always special now that we are all spread throughout the U.S. I had cousins coming from New York, Florida, Arizona, and all up and down California. So, we really cherish this time together.
So, when deciding on a craft to do, I knew we had to do something that everyone of all ages could do and also something that wasn’t too complicated. My sister sent me a photo of some really cool rustic chalkboard ornaments and I thought it was a great idea! I tweaked some of the ideas and created our own take. These are also perfect little gifts or something you can use to label stuff around the house too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flat Wooden Pieces (Found at Michael’s in all different sizes)
- Chalkboard Paint
- Brown Paint or Wood Stain (I also bought a wood stain pen)
- Chalkboard Pens (Bought on Amazon)
- Paint Brushes & Sponge Brushes
- Glue Gun
Here’s What to do:
- Select a shape and think about what you want to write on your ornament/sign first.
- Mix brown paint with water or use the wood stain to brush wash the wood. (Optional)
- Use the chalkboard paint and paint the inner part of the wood or paint the entire wood piece but leave some parts unpainted for a more vintage/rustic look.
- Once dry write on your board using your chalkboard/paint pen.
- The lat step is to use the glue gun to attach the twine for hanging.
Enjoy & Happy 2017!